[Typo3-dev] [noob] new extension question

Tim D'Hooge tim.d'hooge at cronos.be
Wed Oct 15 10:49:14 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to make a new extension and have some questions.

first of all, i'll try to explain what it is what i want to make (what
should make the questions clearer)

I want to make a sort of  "link list with keywords" extension. One would
have a central list of links (in a sys-folder ?), all with their name,
description, link (internal and external ?) and a list of keywords. On the
pages one would be able to include the plugin and configure it with the
right header and a list of keywords. Through these keywords the plugin would
search the right links (who also have keywords assigned) and output them.

Now, I get the idea that this is not only possible, but also rather simple,
it's all about setting up the right query in the plugin code.

BUT, and it's a big one, I have absolutely no clue of how to get those
'keywords' in the configuration of the _frontend plugin_ (with this i mean
the plugin you insert in a page).

Also, i don't know how to set up the "links",  I've made a field for a
"database relation with selector" in the kickstarter. This know enables me
to "click to a page" in a nice selector for the "target_id". I beleave this
is the right way for internal links, but i don't know how to use this in the
code to output an actual link on the page

So, if someone has an idea, tip or hint, I'd be happy to read it

Regards,

Tim D'Hooge