[Typo3-dev] flash rte

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Wed Oct 8 16:11:59 CEST 2003

Hi Rafael,

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:57:08 +0200
"Rafael Freuler" <rafi at rafi.ws> wrote:

> As you all know, the RTE does not work under Mac or non-IE browsers.
> This poses a great problem for clients that work only on Macs. I am
> therefore considering developing a RTE in Flash that would work
> everywhere.

There already exists some cross-platform RTE's (java based mostly, I
don't know about flash, but Mozilla also offers a similar thing), the
main problem is the integration with TYPO3. It's planned to make an API
for RTE integration, but I don't know how far these plans are.

> Has this been discussed before? Would anyone else be interested in
> using it? And would it be a problem to release such a plugin under the
> GPL, considering that Flash itself is not open source?

This has been discussed before, take a look in the archives.

--
./mvh Christian Jul Jensen
      Freelance webprogramer