[Typo3-dev] Quality development

Troels Kjær Rasmussen troelsr at msn.com
Wed Nov 12 23:12:19 CET 2003

Hi Daniel

I think the many extensions, which can be modified, installed, uninstalled a.s.o is the nerve of typo3 - it´s the dynamics in releases of extensions, that makes the community fast growing.

However - I think the windows model would be cool here - u get notified by win´dows update everytime an important or major and official update is available - whilst you can browse the windows update site for minor/specific updates and plugin-programs

- would that be a way to do it?

Anyhow if u read my post further down the list regarding bibliographic standards for typo3 - that might be a possibility too - if filedtypes and contents were standardized (?) it would be a lot easier to move data from an outdated extension to a new one and simply uninstall the old extension afterwards. 80% or so of the many extensions works with "bibliographic" materials, such as articles, books, imagegalleries, cd-lists a.s.o

I say lets keep the multiplicity and thereby feed peoples fascination of the system - we need structure and not rules!

just my 0.5

regards
- Troels Kjær Rasmussen (troelsr)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:
http://typo3.org/1427+M5f25b95d619.0.html