[Typo3-dev] Quality development

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Wed Nov 12 13:32:12 CET 2003

Hello Daniel,

>I think it should work like the consultancy database:
>The full list of projects is on TYPO3.org, the "recommended" or tested
>selection is on TYPO3.com.
>
>In the case of the extensions it could look like this:
>
>extensions: only holds beta or stable, selected and reviewed extensions.
>projects: holds all other extensions

the step from 'project' to 'extension' should perhaps include the
assignment to an extension-
"maintainer". Someone who performs the tasks i stated before, like
merging branches,
cleaning up code, etc. - so someone can be held responsible (at least
virtually :) ), and is
a direct contact for people who want to contribute on that extension.
(so no one ends up alone and finally thinks, it would be best to
re-invent the wheel...)

this will also prevent kasper and other core-developers from the heavy
support-load,
they currently get about extensions (i just guessed...), load-balancing.

bye,
Murphy