[Typo3-dev] (no subject)

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Nov 12 22:09:46 CET 2003

Daniel Thomas wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> for our own purposes we have put together a news extension which
> comprises all the add-ons the good old tt_news has been featured with
> lately - plus some extra stuff. There is even a documentation for it in
> initial stages.
>
> My general question is: Should this extension be made public?
>
> Background: The repository is cluttered with competing extensions.
> Adding a new extension as a supplant for an existing bunch of extensions
> does only make sense, it this is somewhat connected with a appeal to
> change thinking about developing and publicising extensions. Meaning,
> that developers should be encouraged to try and incorporate improvements
> to extensions into the original classes rather than make extensions to
> these classes public.
>
> Any opinions about this?

Hi Daniel,

The reviewing system should give some insight into what extension is ok.
Unfortunately there are not many that are reviewed yet. I would suggest
to only publish if you have some solid documentation. That's the way I
decide to even try it. Extension without documentation are a nono anyway
for me.

GRTZ

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.nl - www.typo3.nl

"If you have received a precise and workable reply to your question, you
are obligated to give something back...please log onto typo3.org and
create an FAQ or HOWTO from the thread (just open the thread and click
the "make FAQ or HOWTO" link), so everyone else can benefit from the
knowledge that you just gained!"