[Typo3-dev] (no subject)

Daniel Thomas dev at dpool.net
Wed Nov 12 10:34:04 CET 2003

Hello together,

for our own purposes we have put together a news extension which
comprises all the add-ons the good old tt_news has been featured with
lately - plus some extra stuff. There is even a documentation for it in
initial stages.

My general question is: Should this extension be made public?

Background: The repository is cluttered with competing extensions.
Adding a new extension as a supplant for an existing bunch of
extensions does only make sense, it this is somewhat connected with a
appeal to change thinking about developing and publicising extensions.
Meaning, that developers should be encouraged to try and incorporate
improvements to extensions into the original classes rather than make
extensions to these classes public.

Any opinions about this?

Best regards

Daniel

--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Isartorplatz 5 | D-80331 München
t 08912018917 | m 01793918781 | eFax 02561959115820

http://www.dpool.net | http://www.typergy.com

/--