[Typo3-dev] Quality development

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Wed Nov 12 12:35:49 CET 2003

Hi Thomas,

> First of all, i would suggest sorting the extensions in a system like
> the sf.net 'trove'-categorization,
> parallel to the category sorting (BE,FE,..) for a better overview. (not
> only the big list)
>
> Limiting the contributions maybe one solution, but the project would
> definitely lose some of it's speed,
> because of the moderator.

I agree.

>Why don't just split the extension list into
> two parts:
>
> 1. 'official' - either for download, or directly shipped with typo
> (maybe it's time for some typo-distro's ? ... like TYPOshop,
> TYPOintranet, ...)
> The official extensions are always maintained by someone responsible,
> who's merging all dev-branches
> and cleans up the code (sounds like fun, hmm?).

I think it should work like the consultancy database:
The full list of projects is on TYPO3.org, the "recommended" or tested
selection is on TYPO3.com.

In the case of the extensions it could look like this:

extensions: only holds beta or stable, selected and reviewed extensions.
projects: holds all other extensions

> 2. 'unoffical' - only for download, like the current ext-list
> (means always untested or beta, maybe: an extension needs an amount of
> user ratings to get into the
> official list)

See above.

> this may result in a system that doesn't get the 10's
> photobook/webgallery/slideshow - ext. and has
> always clean extension key's, code, etc.
> but anyway, i believe you guys will somehow handle this... ;)

Comments?

Cheers

Daniel

--