[Typo3-dev] TS inconsistencies...

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Fri Jul 25 13:00:25 CEST 2003

> I agree - and thank you for clarification re: languages.

Ok. Then I say "TS is not a procedural language" and that's what you would
like to see it.

> I'm planning to work on a neat Php implementation of TS over the next
> few months (no time to do it quickly).
> I'll draw up my idea in detail over the weekend and next week, if you
> need more info.

Sounds interesting. I suggest you post more details about it, because you have
to do some advertising and persuade us before it will go into T3 :-)

I think a new TS have to be backward compatible or old TS can be converted
safe and easy.

> > of conditionals, proper comments, and so on). The main problem is the
> > semantics. A beginner level Typo3 user could never ever understand or use
> > TS with just the documentation and examples at hand. One always needs to
> > look at the PHP implementation of the various constructs, objects and
> > properties in TS in order to get the semantics. This boils down to "Want
> > to learn TS? Learn PHP first!"

I see your point and partly agree.
I must say I look more often into class.tslib_content.php than in TSref :-)

To make it more clear. Let's say you have an TS editor that provide (with
popups or similar) information about possible properties and it's data type
while editing. Would that be a (big) step forward?

The point is that could be done because the needed information is available
through the typo3.org documentation system and it's already used at some
places in the BE.

René

--
COLORCUBE