[Typo3-dev] Install and shared hosting

Martin-Pierre Frenette typo3 at frenette.qc.ca
Mon Jul 21 03:05:35 CEST 2003

I am sorry to contradict you, but we do not
offer SSH access, and can be considered discount
hosting based on our price ( but not on our services ),
and we 100% support Typo3.

We are running PHPsuexec thought ( but not safemode,
PHPsuexed is MUCH safer than safe mode ) and
we had to modify the original Typo3 source code.

But prior to us installing PHPSuexec, we had SEVERAL
clients who installed it using only FTP.

We do have a control panel to create databases,
and it includes PHPMyadmin.

But even on a system WITHOUT PHPmyadmin, it is easy
to install it using only FTP.

Many people believe Typo3 is really complex to install,
and I say it is not, as long as your provider offers
GDlib, Freetype and Image-Magick ( which many companies
offer  : we were offering all of them prior to even knowing
what Typo3 was ! ).

Martin-Pierre Frenette
Typehead for Canada
President of www.Cablan.net