[Typo3-dev] Install and shared hosting

Peter Niederlag pn at kreativwert.de
Thu Jul 17 17:36:21 CEST 2003

Hi Alan,

"Alan Sparkes" <alan at alansparkes.net> schrieb :

> Is shared hosting with ftp access only a realistic setup scenario for
> Typo3? If so then where can I just get the Typo3 files and sql data?
> All the packages seem root user oriented.

no, they are not. Only the "Big-Intsaller-ones" with apache/php/mysql
included.

While it is possible to do the installation with ftp only, I definitly
wouldn`t want to get into that hassel!
You might have to search the archives I think there had been someone
lately trying to put up some package that would help with installation
via ftp.

Be sure to get infos about your webserver-environment first, cause you
might likely not run all typo3-features if it is discount-hosting.
(php-version, safe-mode restrictions)

Cheers,
PeterN
--