[Typo3-dev] WFL: module for manipulating records

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] jh at netfielders.de
Fri Jul 11 15:07:57 CEST 2003

Hi !

As in many cases, editors change records not full pages, out idea is to
implement some module to do so. It's about the list-module, but more
foolprove. In this case, implementing workflow is quite easy. We would need
some config to state a few things, what table to change, what fields to
search in, what fields to display, what fields to validate in what way...
It's a bit like the TCA, maybe the TCA could used for this as already holds
many of these options.

We'd have a module we could configure to display any sort of content to
maniulate, intuitive useage etc.., and you might even integrate it with the
categories which state on how to use the resulting data on the page (tree
independend).

Even versioning should be possible to implement without too much work.

The more difficult part would be setting up workflow, versioning for whole
pages. As long as you use articles, this is no problem: You could use this
record-module, inclusive versioning and workflow. But as soon as you need to
work on the real structure, to work on content in different records, the
whole thing get's veeeery complicated.

For those of you, who need workflow, would it work to just have these
records, or would you need control over the whole page in the first step ?
In the long run, versioning will be included on pagelevel, but that's a lot
more work.

jh