[Typo3-dev] New news extension?

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 19:52:43 CEST 2003

Hi,

> if you were to remake the news extension now what would you change?
- include FE-Users news-submit form
- configureable if the form is available only for registered users or not
- possibility to add the name of the FE-User to the article
- little workflow: news must be approved before they appear in FE
- more flexible category handling: it should be possible to create 2nd
or even 3rd level categories and assign several categories to a news entry.
- make the news searchable by the indexed-search
- more flexible template/view handling. Create templates with valid
(x)html code and control layout via CSS
- multi-language support
- alternative RDS output (never tried that with the current news)

> Generally, is it a stupid idea to make a clean start?

I think it`s a good idea. The news+ extension is an improvement but why
not start "from scratch" again.

I already realized some of the features on http://www.drucken.de. So if
you need more info or help when creating the plugin just drop me a line.

I also think that features like the flexible category handling and multi
language (in a one-tree concept site) support will be useful for a _lot_
of other extensions.

--
all the best,

Sacha