[Typo3-dev] New news extension?

Daniel Thomas dt at dpool.net
Sun Aug 24 15:10:51 CEST 2003

Hi Sebastian,

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am trying to make a new press center extension at the moment. It is
> some
> kind of news extension. The features will be:
>
> +News items:
>    - Same as news extension all together
>    - more media objects to add to a news item

so you want to relate news to your media archive items, right?

> +Media archive:
>    - all media objects related to news items are located in an archive,
> where you can search in. There will be the following doctypes: picture,
> document, audio, video

It seems a pitty that you extension needs to be ready so early. A
professional Digital Asset Management seems to be in the pipeline for
TYPO3.

> I could send some (german) ideas about the extension. Probably you
> would
> like to help me!?! I'm at the beginning of my first "real" extension
> and do
> not know how many things in typo3 work, so you could be a great help.

Do send more ideas. Would be nice to keep a discussion here in the
list. If you feel more comfortable send email direct in geman.

> The extension has to be finished in the beginning of september... Is
> this ok
> for you :-)

I can not develop the extension together with you unless the target
features integrate with one of my current projects. So lets see in
detail. But even if I can substantially cooperate, do not hesitate to
ask whereever you have a problem.

> Greetz
> Sebastian Krebs

Greetings