[Typo3-dev] WYSIWYG Editor

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Wed Aug 13 10:43:32 CEST 2003

Hi folks!

Just a silly idea, but might be worth a thought. How about using FLASH
for implementation of a RTE? There are already some solutions around.
(Look at www.flashkit.com or one of the other flash-sites).

And by using AMFPHP (www.amfphp.org) you can even simply communicate
with TYPO3 (flash remoting re-done in PHP, works like a charm, is open
source). So sending and receiving data should not be the problem. Flash
Remoting uses http-requests, so no firewall-problems, either...

Flash has the advantage that it runs on almost every browser you get a
plugin for (except opera, which does not support binary posts from flash
and therefore does not support flash remoting).

I know, flash is kinda horrible from a programmers point of view (I
hated it, too), but I came to like it...

Cheerio, Dan.