[TYPO3-debian] Problems installing Typo3 4.0.2

Quentin Dewhurst quentin at gest8.com
Tue Jun 26 09:02:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

If as you say you want to 'upgrade' an older version what I usually do is
copy the database (so you have a backup of the old one incase things go
wrong) and copy the public_html directory of the website you want to upgrade
into a new home directory, you then need to setup the symlinks so that it is
pointing to the new version of typo3 (check the new dummy site package to
see how this should be setup), you then run the install and do a 'compare'
on the database (the new copy) typo3 then prompts to update the database to
the latest reference it has...

This 'should' work - altho i have had a problem recently with version
control not seeming to work on a website upgraded in this manner, but i
might be missing something obvious there....

Cheers, Quentin.