AW: [Typo3-debian] Debian stable version 3.1 --> apt-getupdate&apt-get dist-upgrade

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Sat Jun 18 14:49:18 CEST 2005

Hi Jordan,

> Okay, you mean becoming root to do things in knoppix?

Yes, for mounting (and later on chroot, if necessary) you have to be root.

> Could
> you already
> explain how to do this upfront?

Open a shell console within knoppix (from the gui menu => system => konsole)
and just type in:

# su

> I tried the cd yesterday,
> it's works without
> any problem. For some program I needed to be root and it asked for a
> password and it didn't accept it. What's the default password
> for "root" on
> a standard knoppix v3.9 downloaded bootable cd?

There is none. Just type in "su" in the shell..

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany

If privacy or security of communication is on your mind, feel free to
establish a secure transmission using the PGP public key obtainable from
http://www.schories.com/alexander/pubkey/alexander_schories.asc