[Typo3-debian] Stable Debian woody 3.0 and Typo3 v3.7 ???

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Sep 26 00:34:29 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

> Though this warning might sound clear (MySQL 3.x is indeed a MySQL
> version below 4.0.18), it's still not clear to me, if 3.x is really
> affected.
> Jan-Hendrick reported a running TYPO3 3.7 on a MySQL 3.x. (see the
> announcement thread in yesturdays crossposting party in the NG ;-)
> Of course this doesn't prove anything.

The point is that you mix up the "versioning" extension with the whole rest
of TYPO3!

The message on typo3.org says that only this extension makes problems but it
is _not_ installed by default!

Feel free to upgrade but wait with trying the versioning extension, I'll
have a look at it tomorrow.

>> what if I can't use v3.7 on my production servers (all woody stable
>> versions) and still want to have the latest version with all the latest
>> features ???????
>
> I know, this sounds dumb, but anyway, this is what I decided to do...
> wait for sarge to become stable.
>
> Feel free to install a backport of MySQL 4.0
> You can get version 4.0.20 at
> http://www.backports.org

Not needed at all! I'm running 3.7.0 on a default Woody station but without
the versioning extension...

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html