[Typo3-debian] Stable Debian woody 3.0 and Typo3 v3.7 ???

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sat Sep 25 22:27:43 CEST 2004

Hi.

On 25.09.2004 15:30 Jordan van Bergen wrote:

> - DO NOT use the new "version" extension if you are running a MySQL version
> below 4.0.18! If you do a bug in MySQL will mess up the "Next Autoindex" of
> tables in the database meaning that unique IDs are raised to nearly 2
> billion and you will get a lot of trouble. This is NOT a bug in TYPO3, but a
> problem with MySQL which seemingly is fixed in versions >= 4.0.18

Though this warning might sound clear (MySQL 3.x is indeed a MySQL
version below 4.0.18), it's still not clear to me, if 3.x is really
affected.
Jan-Hendrick reported a running TYPO3 3.7 on a MySQL 3.x. (see the
announcement thread in yesturdays crossposting party in the NG ;-)
Of course this doesn't prove anything.

> what if I can't use v3.7 on my production servers (all woody stable
> versions) and still want to have the latest version with all the latest
> features ???????

I know, this sounds dumb, but anyway, this is what I decided to do...
wait for sarge to become stable.

Feel free to install a backport of MySQL 4.0
You can get version 4.0.20 at
http://www.backports.org

But maybe Michael can enlighten us: Does this affect only MySQL 4.x or
all 3.x versions?

--
cheers,
Steffen