[Typo3-debian] (Re-)Install problem

Henning Möller hm at ipteam.de
Mon Sep 27 11:44:09 CEST 2004

I've got strange problems with my typo3 site. I'm using debian woody with
the typo3-base, typo3-env and typo3-site-installer packages. I've installed
ImageMagick 4.2.9 and did the appropriate changes in the localconf.php. The
site was working fine.

Then I had to install that server as a mail server
(Postfix2/Cyrus21/Sasl21). I had to install lots and lots of additional
packages, backports and updates. Especially, I updated php to 4.3.8 (4.3.9
this morning) and apache to 1.3.26.

Now that I have the mail server working I'm in trouble with my website. When
I try to start the install tool (to check the prerequisites), I get an error
message

--- cut here ---
Install Tool is not loaded as an extension.
You must add the key 'install' to the list of installed extensions in
localconf.php, TYPO3_CONF_VARS[EXT][extList].
--- cut here

I was able to find some references (not much) in the mailing lists. But I
didn't find a solution to my problem. I even removed and reinstalled the
typo3 packages. I tried to install a clean site with a basic localconf.php.
Nothing helped.

When opening the BE, I can log in and I get the main view, but there are
lots of links missing, esp. the Install link doesn't show up.

My FE doesn't show up at all. It's just a blank page (with the admin
gadgets, when I'm logged in into the BE).

Any ideas? Anyone able to list the packages (and versions) needed for typo3
to work under debian woody? Maybe I'm missing something?

Best regards,

Henning Möller