AW: AW: AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] MMCACHE

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Mon Oct 25 15:07:19 CEST 2004

Hello Michael,

> After all the purge and re-install my installation seems to
> be a mess :-(

Sorry to hear that, really! That was not my intention. Many of my recent
strange package errors were solved by a clean (thats why purge..)
re-installation.

> /etc/php4/apache# less php.ini there is the line extension=mysql.so
> but info.php still shows no mysql entries.

Ok. Please look into /usr/lib/php4/20020429/ . You`ll find all your php
extensions binaries there. So as mysql.so .

Please purge "php4-mysql" again and look into that folder. There should be
no mysql.so there anymore. If there is still one left - delete it. Then
install with apt-get install php4-mysql. A new file (maybe/hopefully with a
new file size) should be now in this folder.

Would you mind mailing me your /etc/php4/apache/php.ini (because phpinfo
stops at the middle..). I will have a look into it and compare it to mine
(although mine is in /etc/php4/apache2/, but that shouldn`t matter for the
content of it so much).

> Tomorrow I will have time to remove everyting and install
> from bottom up.

Not so fast, please. :-)

A bottom up install could help, but is made of the same packages though..

Would be nice, if you would find the time to try the above mentioned. Maybe
the error can be finally killed with that.

These are my related installed packages - maybe this is of any
(dependency?!) help:

ii  mysql-client   4.0.21-7       mysql database client binaries
ii  mysql-common   4.0.21-7       mysql database common files (e.g.
/etc/mysql
ii  mysql-doc      4.0.21-2       mysql database documentation
ii  mysql-server   4.0.21-7       mysql database server binaries

ii  php4           4.3.9-1        server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
languag
ii  php4-cgi       4.3.9-1        server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
languag
ii  php4-cli       4.3.9-1        command-line interpreter for the php4
script
ii  php4-common    4.3.9-1        Common files for packages built from the
php
ii  php4-curl      4.3.9-1        CURL module for php4
ii  php4-dev       4.3.9-1        Files for PHP4 module development
ii  php4-domxml    4.3.9-1        XMLv2 module for php4
ii  php4-gd        4.3.9-1        GD module for php4
ii  php4-imap      4.3.9-1        IMAP module for php4
ii  php4-mcal      4.3.9-1        MCAL calendar module for php4
ii  php4-mcrypt    4.2.3-9        MCrypt module for php4
ii  php4-mysql     4.3.9-1        MySQL module for php4
ii  php4-odbc      4.3.9-1        ODBC module for php4
ii  php4-pear      4.3.9-1        PEAR - PHP Extension and Application
Reposit
ii  php4-ps        1.3.0-3        An extension to create PostScript files
ii  php4-recode    4.3.9-1        Character recoding module for php4
ii  php4-sqlite    1.0.2-5        PHP4 bindings to SQLite, a file-based SQL
en
ii  php4-xslt      4.3.9-1        XSLT module for php4
ii  phpdoc         20030911-1.1   Documentation for PHP4 and PHP3

ii  libapache-mod-php4 4.3.9-1        server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
languag
ii  libapache2-mod-php4 4.3.9-1        server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
languag

> Thank you very much for your intensive support!!!

You are very welcome! :-)

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany