AW: AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] MMCACHE

Michael Ditsch ditsch at fh-weihenstephan.de
Mon Oct 25 14:40:20 CEST 2004

Hello Alexander,

> However, you only see the first line. Strange. Looks like package
> "php4-mysql" could need a purge and  re-install. Please try that. :)

I did purge and re-install

> Please don`t beat me up, because i dare to mention following usual banality:

Thanks for your kind hints :-) I know what you mean. Most problems are
caused by simple and stupid mistakes.

> Just to be sure that you have an up to-date debian installion. Did you run
> the following in console today. I guess you did, but just be sure..

The Debian installation is updated regularly.

> You could try to install apache2, but i know that you maybe would not like
> this idea because of configuration and more.

Not at the moment

> Do other complex php scripts, e.g. webmailers like squirrel or bullitin
> boards, run fine? (I know, that installing such "just for testing" isn`t the
> way you want to spend your time. :) ) Is it "just" Typo3?

Maybe it´s a good idea to install other php scripts. At the moment TYPO3
is the most important and most urgent one.

After all the purge and re-install my installation seems to be a mess :-(
/etc/php4/apache# less php.ini there is the line extension=mysql.so
but info.php still shows no mysql entries.

Tomorrow I will have time to remove everyting and install from bottom up.

Thank you very much for your intensive support!!!

Kind regards
Michael

--
Michael Ditsch
Weihenstephan University of Applied Sciences - Landscape Architecture
http://www.liz.la.fh-weihenstephan.de - ditsch at fh-weihenstephan.de