[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 23 14:00:34 CET 2004

Hello Christian,

>> Yes I'm waiting for his feedback...
>
> I don't know what to write:
>
> - I've stated my opinion twice.

Well, yes you stated that you read this in a book and that this should be
fine then, but we have collected so many problems already and you didn't
reply to most of them.
Actually I'm wondering if you did read these posts at all...?

>> I see no sense to install a site automatically!
>
> I'll do it that way! We're using FAI to install all our Servers - and not
> TYPO3!? That's nothing that can be discussed on this mailing list. It's a
> fact.

OK. The problem is simply that I don't understand the reason for this. I'm
working in a large company. We use some automated program (not FAI) to
install our Client Workstations. This makes sense of course.

But there are only two webservers, one for Intranet and one for Internet
use. So what's the gain if I install these servers with FAI? (Both have
completely different TYPO3 sites of course...)

I just don't see the relation between FAI and TYPO3, so please give me a
little hint... :-)

> Should I drop my efforts to include TYPO3 in Debian main distribution or
> should I continue the way I'm going with your help?

See what Steffen wrote, I agree with him. This is not team-style, it's more
like a game after all...

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html