[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Christian Leutloff leutloff at debian.org
Wed Nov 24 13:17:55 CET 2004

Hello Michael,

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Actually I'm wondering if you did read these posts at all...?

yes, I have read them all.

>>>I see no sense to install a site automatically!
>>
>>I'll do it that way! We're using FAI to install all our Servers - and not
>>TYPO3!? That's nothing that can be discussed on this mailing list. It's a
>>fact.
>

> OK. The problem is simply that I don't understand the reason for this. I'm
> working in a large company. We use some automated program (not FAI) to
> install our Client Workstations. This makes sense of course.
>
> But there are only two webservers, one for Intranet and one for Internet
> use. So what's the gain if I install these servers with FAI? (Both have
> completely different TYPO3 sites of course...)
>
> I just don't see the relation between FAI and TYPO3, so please give me a
> little hint... :-)

We have about 20 servers for different tasks that needs to be maintained in a similar fashion. To get similar installed and configured systems we use FAI. The complete configuration of all servers is maintained in a single CVS module.

Bye
Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany