[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 22 18:20:53 CET 2004

Hi.

On 11/22/2004 12:32 PM Christian Leutloff wrote:

> warning to the README. Packages I'm maintaining will remain splitted
> (until a serious problem will be reported - breaking a package using
> other package managers (e.g. TER) than the Debian one, are not
> considered a serious packaging problem but a user error).

I'm a bit confused about your use of the term "package". You mean
extension, right?
And I'm sorry, but I will not vote for a redundant solution to manage
extension installation. TER is the tool as part of the TYPO3 core. It's
working fine - no need for a debian-only solution.

If I did misunderstand something, please enlighten me.

> Should I drop my efforts to include TYPO3 in Debian main distribution or
> should I continue the way I'm going with your help?

I don't want to keep someone off making good work. But your statement
doesn't sound like an option - more than a threat. Do we aim to achieve
the best solution or do we play games?

How about a voting?

--
cheers,