[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Christian Leutloff leutloff at debian.org
Mon Nov 22 12:32:51 CET 2004

Hi,

Michael Stucki wrote:

>>that's true! Actually you don't need to convince me but the maintainer. ;)

> Yes I'm waiting for his feedback...

I don't know what to write:

- I've stated my opinion twice.

- I'm following this thread closely and shares the reasoning of Peter. I see no need to write me too.

- What should I write on the following statement?

> I see no sense to install a site automatically!

I'll do it that way! We're using FAI to install all our Servers - and not TYPO3!? That's nothing that can be discussed on this mailing list. It's a fact.

To repeat my opinion:

After following this thread, *I* see no problem in the split - front end packages using backend stuff must be considered backend packages and must depend on the backend (e.g. through relaying on the Debian packaging mechanism). My solution will be: I'll add an appropriate warning to the README. Packages I'm maintaining will remain splitted (until a serious problem will be reported - breaking a package using other package managers (e.g. TER) than the Debian one, are not considered a serious packaging problem but a user error).

Should I drop my efforts to include TYPO3 in Debian main distribution or should I continue the way I'm going with your help?

At the moment I'll release the packages to my web site as I need them for my own work ...

Yours
Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany