[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 18 09:56:37 CET 2004

Hi Peter,

> > How would you like to handle all the extensions that are located in
> > /typo3/ext?
> > Would you like to keep them all in /typo3conf?
>
> I might be naive but why not leave/put them into typo3/ext?
> I wouldn't consider this to be 'backend'.
> Any reason why this wouldn't work?

The reason for his comment is that the current packages are split:

typo3-frontend: Everthing except typo3/ and _all_ of its contents
typo3-backend: typo3/

Maybe you didn't realize this yet... ;-)

> > Like Michael described below, the indexed search engine is located
> > there, and many important fe-plugins could be there too.
>
> so why not just include that stuff in the FE-Package? Should not be
> difficult.

Because it could break so many other things and because the idea I suggested
is much cleaner - have a look at it!

> I think you can serve TYPO3 Pages perfectly without BE-Login.

Yes we can but this must not be splitted into two separate packages!
Packages can only be installed by root, but config files can be edited by
everybody who's allowed to do. Maybe this is one more reason to convince you
finally!!

- michael