[Typo3-debian] Strange indexed search problem, server related I think!

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon Nov 1 13:53:10 CET 2004

Hi,

> Currently, the indexed_search extension uses some external programs:
> - catdoc (Word file to text conversion)
> - pdftotext (PDF to text conversion)
>
> Do these work fine on the command line?

None of them are installed, and I am not yet trying to make PDF and Word
indexing to work. It is next on the todo list ;)

> You should try to do some debugging in tslib/class.tslib_search.php and in
> $EXTDIR/indexed_search/class.indexer.php.

I'll have a look at that.

> Please not that if you have the extension installed twice (locally and
> globally), then the version in typo3conf/ext/indexed_search/ will take
> precedence over typo3/ext/indexed_search/.

I am aware of that. The old version is removed, so that only the one for
3.7.0 is installed is on the server, which makes me pretty sure that there
is no problem related to this.

>> Should I post this issue to another group? Fx. the dev list?
>
> It's ok to stay here.

Thank you ;)

Regarding the basics packages, thank you Alexander: The server administrator
did compile PHP and MySQL outside the debian core, which I am very sorry for
today, which is why there is a maintainence upgrade coming up, making PHP
and MySQL becoming a normal debian package again, but backportet from
dotdebian.org or backports.org.

Alexander, you mention that the apache is outdated, are your sure? I am not
aware of that? What is the newest stable version?

/Lars

news:mailman.1.1099310985.18661.typo3-debian at lists.netfielders.de...