[Typo3-debian] Strange indexed search problem, server related I think!

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 1 13:09:29 CET 2004

Hi Lars,

> It seems that noone has ever seen this issue before. Could someone with
> deeper knowledge of the Indexed Search engine point me in direction of
> what related server package could be causing my problem?

Currently, the indexed_search extension uses some external programs:
- catdoc (Word file to text conversion)
- pdftotext (PDF to text conversion)

Do these work fine on the command line?

> What file of the extension is running the actual indexer, and why could
> TYPO3 be showing me the "Page is being generated message"?

You should try to do some debugging in tslib/class.tslib_search.php and in
$EXTDIR/indexed_search/class.indexer.php.

Please not that if you have the extension installed twice (locally and
globally), then the version in typo3conf/ext/indexed_search/ will take
precedence over typo3/ext/indexed_search/.

> Should I post this issue to another group? Fx. the dev list?

It's ok to stay here.

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html