[Typo3-debian] No pages are found on the rootlevel!

Jack Sparcs jsparcs at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 12:02:17 CEST 2004

Hi,
First - I am sorry if I got over the top with my violation of Courtesy
guidline from message board rules.
Will not happen again.

I am not sure what do you mean if you say:
> Please point to your phpinfo() and send me a link to where I can see the
> resuls.
I tried to figure out and ended up with this URL
http://www.sentiens.com/quickstart3/typo3/ext/phpmyadmin/modsub/phpmyadmin-2
.5.6-rc1/phpinfo.php

I could not get in only after I logged in
BE as admin above link got me in PHPinfo

I tried to install same quickstart from zip file as Steffan sugested.
This is working nice it sits right next on quickstart3 url

I must be doing something really wrong. quickstart still does not allow to
see FE.
I was looking at lymlinks, config files could not figure this out.

I found several posts on web related to this issue but no solution.

Thanks

"Michael Stucki" <mundaun at gmx.ch> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1084584588.31812.typo3-debian at lists.netfielders.de...
> Jack Sparcs wrote:
>
> > [...]
>
> As Steffen already mentioned:
>
> > http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/typo3-3.6.0_woody_install.txt
> >
> > There I saw:
> >      F) Enable InstallMode 3.5 + 3.6
> >     --------------------------------------------------
> >     #   * In /var/lib/typo3/typo3_src-3.****/typo3/install/index.php:
> >     #     Comment out line 40 (the 'die()' call)
> >     #   * Point your browser to the location you just created and
complete
> >           the setup
> > I found this somehow confusing because it seems that
> > in the middle of step F) it navigates user to step E) saying
> >   * Point your browser to the location you just created and complete the
> >     setup (what location I created and how to point browser there is is
> > be researched for novices...
>
> - The order is right, otherwise you might forget to remove the comment on
>   the left side of the die() command (that's security!)
>
> - Even novices should at least know where their websites are located!
That's
>   just the basic stuff, sorry!
>
> > + word 'setup' is on new line uncomented same way as other steps (like
> > nano and so on) that needs to be executed so this will drive amateur
linux
> > person nuts!)
>
> Of course, that's wrong. But come on, you speak some English, don't you?!
> Everybody sees that the sentence above is not finished and therefore
> continues on the new line.
>
> BTW, all these basics should be clear for a server admin. That's why I
don't
> care about these 'nuts' you're describing here. This is a *server* and his
> _maintainer_ should at least know some little basics of what he's doing
> here!
>
> > and than goes back to step F) asking :     # COMMENT everything in the
> > block starting with:
> >     #       // Insert some security here, if you don't trust the Install
> > Tool
> >     Password:
> > which is also not clear cause all that is comented already...
> > than two nano lines...!? what is that for?
>
> nano is a small editor, the rest is just basic PHP stuff!
>
> > We are lucky that doc has only one page. If it has 7pages and author
> > follows this "jump somewhere now jump
> > somwhere else and after gues what I mean" game than fans of RIVEN may
feel
> > like in 7th heaven but not us - average Joes. Thanks.
> > All that just does not make much sence to me. Methodology of this doc is
> > just plain bad wrong
> > and should be done by someone who has no issues with explaining stuff
> > clearly
> > (even if I can see that author is technicaly totaly on admirable top to
be
> > honest and not to offend anyone) .
>
> Your writing style is ugly, has many failures and generally doesn't suit
> a person who has just posted his 2nd mail and mournes so much about minor
> bugs in a user contributed document!
>
> (If you're lucky then Georg will read up to this place and will probably
fix
> the document.)
>
> > Than there is:
> >  mv /var/www/t3v35site/_.htaccess /var/www/t3v35site/.htaccess
> > after what nothing works. I changed this back to _.htaccess and was able
> > to get myself to location
> > mentioned in STEPS E)
> > Create db and all that is called - "finish setup" in first instance of
E)

http://typo3.org/1438.0.html