[Typo3-debian] PHP problems

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Tue May 11 11:01:10 CEST 2004

Hi

this is not directly related to TYPO3, but I hope I can get some wise
input anyways.

Yesterday I was trying to install the XDEBUG php extension through
PEAR. I didn't succeed, beacuse the script phpize makes a call to
aclocal, which I apperently don't have on my system.

Since I have a selfcompiled version of PHP5, I figured that there
might be some inconsistencies in my installation, so what I did was to
install PHP4 from some packages I have compiled myself from a src
package (I did this to get all the stuff needed to compile PHP5). This
didn't help, so I wanted to deinstall these packages and reinstall the
official PHP4 packages.

I think I've managed to do that, but after I did PHP4 does not
recognize MySQL, which is not so good. I have no idea what could be
wrong, or at least I tried everyone of them.

Any ideas what could be wrong? or how I can get rid of everything an
install it all from the official packages again?

thanks

--
Julle