[Typo3-debian] memory consumption of apache/mysql (not php limit!)

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Fri May 7 14:23:14 CEST 2004

Hi Steffen
> just to exclude mistakes:
> consider php memory_limit applies to each apache thread.
> 10 apache threads * 32mb = 320 mb
> so the behavior of apache/php is totally right.
I am no techie but this raises some questions for me. I am running
Debian/Woody w/ Apache 1.3.27, PHP and MySQL on a rented Server (some
Celeron w/ 512MB RAM).

What exactly is considered a apache thread?

Is that each user that connects to apache?
Is that each user that connects to Typo3_src?
Is that each user that connects to the Typo3-website?

I set up Typo3 so that I have one source and symlink to it from every
typo3-website.

I'm hoping that means that one used typo3_src installation means one
apache thread regardless how many users connect to how many webpages.
Otherwise I see a problem.

Could you help me understand that?

Thanks

Jean-Marie