[Typo3-debian] memory consumption of apache/mysql (not php limit!)

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 7 15:36:01 CEST 2004

hi.

On 07.05.2004 14:23 Jean-Marie Schweizer wrote:

> What exactly is considered a apache thread?
>
> Is that each user that connects to apache?
> Is that each user that connects to Typo3_src?
> Is that each user that connects to the Typo3-website?

in apache, there's one parent process (sometimes called thread) and some
childs.
the parent reads the config, sets up sockets and spawn/maintains childs.
the childs are listening on the sockets, accept new connections,
process, serve and close these connections.
that means: each established tcp connection on a port where apache is
listening (e.g. 80 or 443) will be handled by a single child which
handles the requests of that connection.

for how to config that stuff, see apache doc:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/server-wide.html#process

> I set up Typo3 so that I have one source and symlink to it from every
> typo3-website.

the number of sources don't affect the number of apache child threads.

> I'm hoping that means that one used typo3_src installation means one
> apache thread regardless how many users connect to how many webpages.

no.
each user connecting to one of your webpage will use a child for his
session, regardless of how many typo3_src you have or how many webpages
are pointing to that sources.

> Otherwise I see a problem.

which one?

--