[Typo3-debian] For me an important question about PHP version(s) and Woody Stable

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Wed Jul 14 00:26:03 CEST 2004

Hi Jordan,

> As more and more TYPO3 extensions show PHP versions above v4.3.x needed
> will they still work with the above configuration (so older PHP version
> 4.1.2)? Or do I have to use unstable/testing PHP / Apache versions to be
> absolutely sure that all new extensions needing higher PHP versions will
> work?
>
> Answer: ?

I think the main problem is that these extensions have just specified a
wrong version number in their requirements. So you should simply run a
check first.

Personally I will wait with all of my production servers until Sarge is
officially declared to be stable. I know that it works great already (since
I'm using it on this laptop) but I prefer the method of "never touching a
running system". The system is still running great (even with new
extensions, latest TYPO3) and there is no urge to change this for the
moment.

Anyway, it's your choice!

- michael

PS: Another pro for Woody is that I have no plans to create the GD packages
for Sarge as well... ;-)
Anyway, it should be no problem for you to recompile them.
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html