[Typo3-debian] Sarge + PHP4-GD2 with gif dont work

Rene Dustmann renedustmann at maxx2.de
Wed Aug 11 16:38:14 CEST 2004

hi Alexander, i realised this allready and i
 - apt-get install libgd2-xpm libgd2-xpm-dev t1lib-dev
but the result was the same: no GD with php :(

if i restart the apache the patched GD is not found anymore, but back to
gd2-unpatched it works = without gif!

because i have some typos running on suses with gif (old gd !) i am now
depending on this feature...

i switched to debian some weeks ago planning to change the working os to
debian and now i notice the same effort to get this basic features! *gggg*

like my gentoo testing environmet :((

question ( point 6 of your manual): after removing *libgd2-xpm* i can´t
execute *dpkg -i php4-gd2_4.3.2+rc3-2_i386.deb* because *libgd2-xpm* is
missing and has to be reinstalled first!

seems there is something inconsistent...

i am not experienced with debian and i dont want to leave the apt-get path
to install the current GD manually but it seems to be the only way.

bye - rene