[Typo3-debian] imagemagick and safe_mode_exec_dir

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Apr 18 13:18:31 CEST 2004

Hi Jean-Marie,

> After digging through the depths of the internet I found some solution:
>
> 1. ps -aux
> 2. kill all pids related to httpd
> 3. httpd -f /ect/httpd/httpd.conf
>
> So far it works. Safe_mode is off. ImageMagick is recogneized.

Starting and stopping the httpd should be done using its init script:

Start/Stop/Restart:
/etc/init.d/apache stop
/etc/init.d/apache start
/etc/init.d/apache restart

Stay running, simply reread the configuration files:
/etc/init.d/apache reload

> Another question. How important is safe_mode? What is better on or off?

If you're the master of your server and you're the only one using it, it's
not required. If not, I would.

Read the PHP documentation and see what it actually does.

Cheers - michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html