[Typo3-debian] Re: TYPO3 on Sarge / Sid (was: Re: [Typo3-debian] MySQL connection error while trying to install TYPO3)

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Sep 4 00:55:18 CEST 2003

Dear Edelhard,

>   [Ok,ok, with the same argument a bug might make its way into the
>   next stable release, lets call it "hugo", but then we can say "for
>   T3 on hugo use the package t3-3.5.0-hugo.deb where a fix is
>   included --- but what set of packages is sarge?]

No problem, since all dependencies are resolved by typo3-env which is
nothing more than a dummy package (so it's just ~5kB more).

So let's make such a package for Sid. All I need to know is

- differences to the dependencies (control file) of the current package
- optimisations for new IM / GD in localconf.php

> Since you asked (*sigh*  ;^) i just (Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:07:18 +0200)
> updated my sarge UML, apt-get installed all your three typo3 packages
> (which pulled another 40-something packages), enabled php4 in
> httpd.conf, typ3-site-installer -d sarge-test (below /var/www), run
> into the php4-gd[2] problem, tried to manually get packages from sid
> or directly from the archive, (un-)installing several versions of
> apache, php4, libgd (plus their dependencies) and ... gave up (Wed, 03
> Sep 2003 19:00:07 +0200). People with sarge should (as of today) just
> switch to sid or woody ...

OK. However, let's keep an eye on this cause Sarge is getting closer and
closer to become "stable", right?!

Regards - michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html