[Typo3-debian] Re: TYPO3 on Sarge / Sid (was: Re: [Typo3-debian] MySQL connection error while trying to install TYPO3)

Edelhard Becker typo3 at edelhard.de
Thu Sep 4 15:44:12 CEST 2003

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 12:55:18AM +0200, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Dear Edelhard,
>
> >   [Ok,ok, with the same argument a bug might make its way into the
> >   next stable release, lets call it "hugo", but then we can say "for
> >   T3 on hugo use the package t3-3.5.0-hugo.deb where a fix is
> >   included --- but what set of packages is sarge?]
>
> No problem, since all dependencies are resolved by typo3-env which is
> nothing more than a dummy package (so it's just ~5kB more).
>
> So let's make such a package for Sid. All I need to know is
>
> - differences to the dependencies (control file) of the current package

what do you want to achieve: a combination of packages for sarge that
work out-of-the-box? Even with tricky manual fetching from sid i gave
up on this so i'd suggest
 1 wait until the newer php4 (+related) packages move from sid into
   testing
     - or -
 2 if php-gd from sarge works (don't tested it myself) just put a
   "Depends: ..., php4-gd | php4-gd2, ..." into the control file; all
   other dependencies are resolved without problems on sarge, no need
   to change
     - or -
 3 maybe backports of the newer packages are worth a try (see e.g.
   http://www.apt-get.org/)

IMHO building a meta-package just for sarge-early-sep-2003 is not
worth the effort,really ...

> OK. However, let's keep an eye on this cause Sarge is getting closer and
> closer to become "stable", right?!

Yeah, the release manager announced his plan for the next stable
release. If all goes well (anybody believing in this? :^) we have a
new stable for christmas!
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200308/msg00010.html

Greetings and HTH,
Edelhard