[Typo3-debian] What does the debian packages install?

Hahn-Athenstaedt, Robert robert.hahn-athenstaedt at sap.com
Tue Jun 10 11:31:42 CEST 2003

Hi Michael,

thats an interesting thread for me ...

I just asked myself, if I could use it on my Debian-VServer where Apache and MySQL is preinstalled. Should I deinstall both before installing your package?

How is the installing of your package organized? Does it use the default directories and ports in Debian?
And how is the Typo3-installation organized? Where is the source package placed, and where the users directories?

I remember a discussion about this questions in this list some times ago. How did it change in your new package in consideration to your former one?

Would be nice, if you could explain it a bit.

BTW:
Does anybody could suggest a (free or cheap) Server admin tool for a Debian Server, where new clients can be installed easily and a Client backend may be provided, like confixx or so?

Cheers,
- rob -