[Typo3-debian] Imagemagick 5.5.7 problems

Cousins cousins at cousins.in-newzealand.com
Mon Jun 2 12:47:49 CEST 2003

At 14:55 1/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Cousins wrote:
>^^^
>Ian? :-)

Yep - the list is obviously picking up on my
cousins at cousins.in-newzealand.com email address - its my surname/last name

> > System: Debian, apache 1.3.27, php 4.2.3, mysql 3.23.56, GD2 with
> > freetype, IM 5.5.7, Typo3 v3.5.0rc1
>
>I'm just wondering how your Debian had IM > 5.4 installed since 5.4.4 is the
>Woody version?!

I run Woody on my development server - the production server was also woody
(I think) - on my development server I had 5.4.4 installed - the production
server _was_ using 5.4.6 - both worked. The facility that houses my
production server moved - it appears they also upgraded several packages
during that move - I'll check with my co-owners (who are more technically
inclined) and see what release of Debian we are running now...

>According to http://packages.debian.org/imagemagick, 5.5.7 is part of the
>Sid release.
>Are you really sure you want to run a productive site on an unstable Debian
>release?
>
>I also wonder why you use the 3.5.0rc1 of TYPO3 even though 3.5.0 is out for
>quite a long time now?

Because I upgraded the production server from 3.5b4 to 3.5.0rc1 when it
came out and wasn't aware there was another version available - what's the
difference between 3.5.0rc1 and the 3.5.0.tar.gz source files on typo3.org?