[Typo3-debian] Files is not visible in user directory

Lars E. D. Jensen ledj at dcmedia.biz
Thu Dec 11 09:56:58 CET 2003

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
>> It seems like the directories named by users uid gets wrong
>> permissions assigned.
>
>> The directory which can be uploaded to (one I've created):
>> drwxr-xr-x
>
> Let's call this directory "user_dirs".
>
>> And the directory which makes the files invisible in the fileadmin
>> (one which gets automatically created by an action and named by a
>> users uid): d-wxr----t
>
> And let's call this one "user_lars".
> Do I get this right? user_lars is a subdirectory of user_dirs?

Yes, it's correct!
"user_lars" is created by an action, which also creates a BE-user who should
be the only one to be able to use the "user_lars" subdirectory. The action
is creating those things automatically.
Maybe it's a bug in the action code, which creates the "user_lars" directory
(it's really named after the uid, eg. 3). But I'll try a debian forum first.

/Lars