[Typo3-debian] Files is not visible in user directory

Lars E. D. Jensen ledj at dcmedia.biz
Thu Dec 11 11:30:00 CET 2003

> Yes, it's correct!
> "user_lars" is created by an action, which also creates a BE-user who
> should be the only one to be able to use the "user_lars"
> subdirectory. The action is creating those things automatically.
> Maybe it's a bug in the action code, which creates the "user_lars"
> directory (it's really named after the uid, eg. 3). But I'll try a
> debian forum first.

Now, I've searched the debian lists and found this explanation:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200311/msg01067.html

Basicly it comes out to this (2 extra bit one can set):
-----------cut-------------
- the sticky bit, when set on a directory, has the effect of
  restricting write operations on the directory a little more: to
  delete or rename a file within it, it is no more enough to have
  write permission to the directory, but you have to be the owner of
  either the directory or the file (or the superuser, of course).

- the setgid bit, when set on a directory, causes any new file created
  in it to take on the group ownership of the directory, rather than
  the default group of the user who created that file.
-----------cut-------------

The sticky bit which is set on the "user_lars" subdirectory is in fact ok
since it just emphasizes that the user apache runs as should be the owner of
the directory.

The only thing I can get out of this is that the permissions is somehow
setup wrong.
 The permissions on the "user_lars" subdirectory is like this:
d-wxr----t
And these settings confuse me, not the t (sticky bit), but the rest... It
seems like there is only write access for the owner, and the group has only
read access, and world can do nothing.

I don't see why the "user_lars" (user uid) should have different permissions
than the normal directories which is created in the fileadmin (drwxr-xr-x).

And of course I can't find the code, which is actually create the
subdirectory. I've looked in the taskcenter extension, but without luck...

/Lars