[Tycon3] do you know...

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Wed Jun 22 07:12:30 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your support.

> First of all, thank you for your statement! :-)
> I think basically this is quite plain to everyone here. But why wasn't it possible to tell us some
> weeks ago?
> That's what I ment with "transparency". I know you guys have a lot to do with your projects. Me too!
> But such informations, and I'm sure it was clear since the first plans who should come to the TYCON,
> would have helped all of us. If the community had known this, this thread would be needless.

I'm terribly sorry on behalf of the association if the communication
hasn't been well. It's especially embarrassing because we have always
intended to keep things transparent. We are committed to learn though!

I'm only following the threads some of the time because I believe the
community wants me to develop stuff and not hang around on mailing
lists. When I stumbled into this thread I was just so enraged that I had
to kick some ass; I'm working my butt up with the rest off the assoc.
active members to raise a long-term vision for TYPO3 on all levels,
implement it in real life and all we get in return for our first and
sometimes faulty attempts is resistance instead of cheers and helping
hands from the brothers that are the closest to support us. Helping
hands, constructive criticism, commitments of work; not suspicion and
crossed arms.

Disclaimer; I am not 100% sure that all I stated about the conference
intensions is completely correct officially. In only reflected what I
have understood and Jürgen can correct me if I'm wrong. The main message
was more about the overall gratitude problem and envy-issue.

> I think it's absolutely OK that there is a conference for professionals. That's beyond dispute! But
> a dev conference would be nice, too!!! ;-)

Fantastic idea! Unless I mistook the whole deal and the TyCON is
supposed to be that I think we should work on it! The snowboard tour
without snow. Next year in may.

> And a short word to the snowboard tour. If you are in a vocational training and if there is nothing
> left after paying for food and apartment it's quite hard to put something aside. But hey, that's not
> your problem and hope I can get to the T3ST07! :-)

Hope so too!

> However... Once again the TYCON and the Association are right and important!!! No question.

Thank you Thomas. I'm happy to hear it from you who wrote that you
feared it had become more important than the product which is not the
case of course.

> But some more information about what is going on (TYCON, TYPO3.org, further devlopement or whatever)
> is also very important!

Could you help me/us to understand what channels you would expect that
information in? It seems to me that for example decisions on development
(R&D meeting) has been communicated quite clearly including what happens
with TYPO3.org (mailing list for that). How can that information reach
you?

> > Sorry for being a little rough, but I felt it was right to be so.
> Rough? That was rough? ;-)

Hard in my tone.

- kasper