[Tycon3] Description of TYCon3 on typo3.org

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Wed Jan 19 16:34:58 CET 2005

* Robert Meyer <SPAM_r.meyer at mittwaldmedien.de> [050118 17:38]:
> why do you want root-Access?
Because we usually keep the system clean on our own, like installing
necessary patches for the OS (FreeBSD), installing patches for Apache,
PHP, gdlib, etc. AKA everything what is necessary to keep the system
happy.
Because we want to see *all* logfiles
Because we need to react shortly.
or just simply:
Because we know what we are doing, and want to do it on our own, and
  not depend on others. This gave us more than 99.999 *Service* uptime
  in the last 8 years since we are in business.
> Might SSH-Access be enough? If so, we can
What for heavens sake has ssh with "root" to do? or do I get root only
via telnet ;-))
> sponsor an TYPO3-environment and, if necessary, a dedicated managed server.
We already have such a system up and running.

> What do you want to do that you need root-Access?

See above: To keep the system up, what it, read logfiles, etc. pp.

have fun
Juergen