[TYPO3-t3dd] T3DD Sold out

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Thu Mar 1 22:14:53 CET 2012

Hi Gina,

thanks for your reply!

> in the last years we were not able to get more workshops - ask joey how
> many workshops we took from the papers he send in ;-).
But to my knowledge there are way too few slots this year (may workshops
not accepted or shrinked from two slots to one). We have a big Git
track, which could be expanded to three slots, but Patrick said that
this will not be possible for sure.

So.. there is enough material for 300 users, I guess?!?

> the scalable event you are looking for might be the t3con. there we took
> care that we can freely scale up. and we also should take care that the
> is a difference between t3dd and t3con. we all know the difference is
> still too small and thus we better make this difference bigger than smaller.
I don't understand, how this is related to the number of
participants/workshops (not participants *per* workshop).

> in addition: the typo3 community does a great job, also regarding dev
> events. so if you have a look at all kind of typo3 dev events offered by
> the community (e.g. typo3 camps) you could say: oh there is no need for
> the t3dd... but i think we both agree that there still is.
But camps are a lot different than the DevDays (as they're more
teacher-Centered.. )

> if you are interested in this whole area/process you can contact thomas
> hempel (thomas at typo3.org) he is the committee leader of the event committee.
Doesn't he read this list as leader of the Event Committee?
I prefer public discussion (->transparency) instead of talking behind
closed doors.

Looking forward to your feedback (sorry, I don't see a real reason, yet).

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks