[TYPO3-t3dd] T3DD Sold out

Gina Steiner gina at typo3.org
Thu Mar 1 10:11:07 CET 2012

hi steffen,

it's more about how many workshops are offered by the core team and
developers. if you really take the word *work*shop seriously you can
maybe work with 20-30 people in one group (so let's say 25).

for 200 persons you need about 6-8 parallel workshops (so let's say 7).
if you say a workshop lasts about 2-4 hours (so let's say 3) you need
3*7=21 workshops a day and for the 3 day of the t3dd this means 21*3=63
workshops.

in the last years we were not able to get more workshops - ask joey how
many workshops we took from the papers he send in ;-).

so it's not about the location, it's about what the purpose of the t3dd
is. and the purpose is to boost the typo3 development (getting things
done - go share the adventure). so we need student-centered
presentations and not teacher-centered presentations (as you know e.g.
from t3con). and we need workshops which help the development of typo3
which means the level should be higher than - let's say how to's.

the scalable event you are looking for might be the t3con. there we took
care that we can freely scale up. and we also should take care that the
is a difference between t3dd and t3con. we all know the difference is
still too small and thus we better make this difference bigger than smaller.

in addition: the typo3 community does a great job, also regarding dev
events. so if you have a look at all kind of typo3 dev events offered by
the community (e.g. typo3 camps) you could say: oh there is no need for
the t3dd... but i think we both agree that there still is. and if you
ask yourself why we both think there is, you might end up with the idea
that the t3dd is still unique. *if* we want to keep it unique, we have
to keep an eye on the purpose of the event. and as long as there is a
boost of development at/after the t3dd *and* so many people want to join
we seem to decide for the right way to go. if (some day) this thoughts
lead us and the other dev events to the same concept, there is no more
need for the t3dd since all other great typo3 events do the same job
regarding boost of development.

if you are interested in this whole area/process you can contact thomas
hempel (thomas at typo3.org) he is the committee leader of the event committee.

best regards
gina
--