[TYPO3-windows] install typo on local server/ work offline?

Els Coolen els at jrs.or.id
Fri Jun 30 04:44:33 CEST 2006

Dear all

I had previously installed typo 3.8 on my local PC's server and was able
to work offline.
After a hardware crash, I installed both quickstart 3.8.1 for windows
and dummy 3.8.1 for windows, but both versions do not work on my local
server.

as the quickstart package includes apache and MySQL, I would assume it
would work on my local server. I have followd all steps described in the
installation guidelines, but I only get an empty page on Firefox when I
hit localhost.

Could you please tell me how I can work offline with typo, since I want
to develop an basic website offline before I pay for online server space.

thanks for any information!
Els Coolen, Indonesia
--
Els Coolen
Information and Advocacy Manager - JRS Indonesia

els at jrs.or.id - www.jrs.or.id
+62 813 28047871
Gang Cabe DPIII No9 Puren Pringwulung
Depok Sleman