[TYPO3-typo3org] Changes

Thomas Löffler loeffler at spooner-web.de
Sun Mar 22 11:52:57 CET 2015

Hello t3o team and interested people,

after Ben resigned from Team Leadership last autumn, the t3o team was on
the one hand surprised and on the other hand the lost of a Team Leader
had a freezing effect to the whole team.

At the Server Team Code Sprint the last days in Frankfurt I met with
Christian Zenker, Olivier Dobberkau and Michael Stucki to get some
action to the team again. It was a very productive meeting where we
decided to make a double headed Team Leadership with me and Christian.

There are many decisions to make in the next weeks about how to go on
with the TYPO3 upgrade to 6.2 and how to do support and maintenance for
the current typo3.org website. Another thing is the upcoming plans to
bring the typo3.org website to the latest Core version and relaunch the
website to be responsive (and up-to-date btw.).

We have a date for the next Code Sprint (16.4. - 19.4.) where we want to
get started and maybe finished with the 6.2 upgrade. The location will
be announced in the next week (either Stuttgart or Frankfurt/Wiesbaden),
so all active and interested team members can plan with it early.

Since there is a kind of freeze to the t3o work like mentioned above I
prepared a doodle [1] to get the information of all current and
interested members what amount of time they have AND want to spend for
t3o work.
Please take a minute and add yourself to it.

We need every hand we can get!

Best regards,

Thomas

[1] http://doodle.com/wdfvqrt9p3xiu25y