[TYPO3-typo3org] how to avoid forum Spam

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Feb 18 08:19:24 CET 2015

Propably everyone noticed the increase of spam in our TYPO3
forum/newsgroups/mailinglists.

I just stumbled over xrumer[1] attempts to register in a notifying form
in a site administrated by me.
Now I found a new user sending unrelated comments in news:typo3.jobs.
As this is a group with very low traffic it is very obvious.
The next step will be the spamming as the user now is allowed to post urls.

Is there a way to eliminate those spam-users and can I/we help with it?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRumer

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html