[TYPO3-typo3org] Deployment typo3.org (2014-02-24)

Christian Zenker typo3 at xopn.de
Mon Feb 24 16:57:51 CET 2014

Hi everyone.

I’d like to inform you that we did a deployment of typo3.org.

We got a new feature that the Server Team requested from the very first
day the new typo3.org went live in 2012: The log-in status is now cached
for a few minutes. This should keep quite some load away from the Apache
Server, because this status was requested for *all* pages the user
visited. We did everything we could to avoid possible sideeffects
(espacially in older browsers), but please keep an eye on it, if you see
any unexpected behavior there.

Also there were two smaller changes in TER: First up the "other extensions
 from owner" don’t show obsolete extensions any more. And a broken link in
the „New Extensions“ RSS-Feed was fixed.

Last up we did the routine security update of tt_news.

You’ll find the full list of all changes here:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-t3o-relaunch-week/versions/2672

Until next time
Christian