[TYPO3-typo3org] Please spam me not, t3con13

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Oct 10 00:54:42 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

Christian Hennecke wrote:

> According to this article, there are several conditions that all have to
> be met for what you mention to apply:
> http://www.datenschutzbeauftragter-info.de/fachbeitraege/newsletter-und-datenschutz/
>
> But IANAL, thus my recommendation to consult a lawyer.

INAL either, but this article is not quite right in even does not consider a
few edge cases ... e.g. it might not even be legal to send check mails for
the double opt-in — this makes newsletter de facto impossible in germany.

Anyway, it looks like, that only competitors can someone for sending
advertisement mails, thus I do not think that the T3A has many competitors
(not to talk about that it is a Swiss organization.

If you want to know more, please have a look at the "Skript Internetrecht":
http://www.uni-muenster.de/Jura.itm/hoeren/materialien/Skript/Skript_Internetrecht_April_2013.pdf

>> Wir sollten jetzt mit dieser typisch deutschen Diskussion aufhören!
>
> I don't see how trying to avoid fines for the organizers or tick off the
> community because of improper practise is a typically German discussion.

Discussion stuff just for the sake of discussion is considered rude in other
cultures.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!